Smafty Mac: Fighting the kakistocracy!!!

Advice and journalism from a very unqualified source.
Search Now:
In Association with Amazon.com

Smafty's Bio

this is a Proud Liberal Site

Stand up and be counted

Visit the links

Fighting the slide back to the Dark Ages!.

<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

I just voted

I voted about 15 minutes ago at my polling station!

I'm so glad I didn't get hasseled this time, you see last time I voted I asked for the non-partisian Democratic ticket the poller said

"You're an Non-Partasin, so you get the non-partasin sheet!"

Than I said

"I know I'm an Independant but I want to vote using the non partasin Democratic voter"

"No, you can't vote like that"

"According to the Voters rights pamphelet on the table (I flip to it) I can vote using a Democratic ticket."

Than it became go time

"You vote using that card or don't vote"

While this is all going on the other pollers were rolling their eyes the scattered "just give it to him, let him sign" I was very upset at the fact this guys was TELLING ME HOW TO VOTE! I won't be told what to do or who to vote for that's what totalitarians do, tell you who to vote for, deny you your rights.

So I looked him right in the eye and said

"If you don't I'll call the cops and the county supervisor you're denying me my civil rights"

He said

"Fuc* you" and let them hand me the card, I voted and SHAZAM it was over.

I'm so glad that kind of mess didn't have to happen this time around!!!



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

covercoverAmazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More Smafty's Archives

If you made it this far how about throwing me a few bucks, it'll make you a happier person! (not really)

Be lazy like Smafty Mac and go to   www.buildfree.org  where you can build a totally free website!

Google
WWW the-age-of-reason.blogspot.com/